23.6.09

...in which Ms. A goes back to school.


Rockstar Reader
Originally uploaded by Cheryl Rollman.
This week Ms. A filed all her paperwork and registered for classes that she'll be taken through Austin Community College to start and then Texas State University to complete her degree. She'll be taking a mix of psychology, sociology and education classes and work toward a degree that will get her a social worker type job.

We're all very excited for her. This also means that most of her old student loans are paid or paid down to the point where she qualifies for grants and other aid. And if she gets a teaching degree, there's a program that forgives old loans.

Her father is a special ed teacher and I think the teaching gene might run in the family. I hope she does well and it actually made me start thinking about finishing my degree. Though how a BS in Musical Theater is going to help my IT career is beyond me.

Carry on.

No comments: