6.5.08

The Real Guitar Heroes (a video post)

I've been spending a lot of time on GH3. So much so that I've taken to watching other players on YouTube. I finally hit a wall today when I realized I'm watching other people on the internet play a game. The culmination of my disgust with myself came while watching a clip from Ellen where a young boy played before a live audience...and the audience lost their fucking mind. They were cheering him on like he wrote, composed and then played the song and was hot and sexy in tight leather pants to boot.

So no more, I say. To The Media I say, IT'S A GAME. It's great that someone can get 100% on the Dragonforce song on Expert 4x hyperspeed, but does it require this level of attention? To the players I say I'M JEALOUS that you can do so well. You have, as the kids on my lawn say, mad skillz (the "z" connotes a 3d20 plus for skills.) At the end of the day, however, I hope you have a back up plan for the time you've spent mastering 5 buttons.

Therefore I offer folks a look at the musicians behind the music. These are the 5 songs I enjoy playing the most. I envy their skill still more.

Knights of Cedonia - Muse


When You Were Young - The Killers


Pride and Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughn


Lay Down - Priestess


Cliffs of Dover - Eric Johnson


Some of these have poor quality as they're filmed by alcoholic lemurs, but you get the idea.

Carry on.

No comments: