26.1.08

Long Weekend

So Ms. A had to leave town for a while which means I have a long weekend with the kids. Half of it is already almost over, but I know it's going to be long and stressful.

Her friend's grandma died so the two of them are driving to Louisiana for the wake and funeral. They'll be back Tuesday. The mom of LMA's best friend watches a couple kids during the day so we asked her to watch G-man till Ms. A gets back. So I'll be leaving work early to pick LMA and her friend up from school and then dropping her friend off and picking G-man up.

That's just Monday and Tuesday. This weekend is going to be a lot of the kids watching TV, playing in the backyard and generally amusing themselves because I have a metric assload of work to get done. A partial list includes:

  • Lettering 11 pages by Feb 1st. It's a paying gig so it gets priority.
  • Lettering 5 pages in the next three weeks. Also paying (I think.)
  • Lettering 15 pages of another book as soon as possible.
  • Lettering roughly 12 pages of an anthology.
  • Updating the 100 Artists website
  • Auctioning the artwork, creating a book for sale on Lulu (and all the administrative stuff that goes with that.)
  • Reorganizing Penciljack (and finding out what the plans with that place are.)
  • Draw?
Plus I redid my task list at work and realized I have about 30 some odd projects I need to get done, most by the end of March. A good number of them are one off things; check a server size, order memory, download a patch, change some user data. I'm just so bad with planning that I get to the end of the day and some how haven't been able to finish any of them. I don't know what the deal is.

So now that Ms. A's going to be gone, all the plans I had to work are gone. She was going to take the kids out on Sunday so I had some time to get things knocked out, but now it's going to be me working or 10 minutes until the next spill or bruised knee or bent ego. Then meals and baths and stories and naps and bed times. I like my kids, they're very fun and cute. Some times I just wish they were a few years older so I could absorb a weekend like this. (To wit, even now I'm hearing "Daddy, I feel and my knee got hurt and dirt and I see it and it got hurt and I talk to you and I hurt and I got all over it wanna see?")

I've also not ordered my glasses yet. I have all the Rx info and measurements. I just haven't pulled the trigger. I don't know what I'm waiting for, I'll probably do it tonight. I found some snazzy red and black frames with wide arms and kinda narrow lenses. Kinda hipster looking without being too fashionable. I can't be seen as being too fashionable, people will expect something from me.

That's all for now, I'll try to be more regular with the posting. Even if I'm just blathering like this.

Carry on.

No comments: