22.11.07

Happy Thanksgiving

I am thankful for my little girl's amazing mind, quick wit, glorious gap-toothed smile and her love of reading.

I'm thankful my son is happy and loving and sweet and crazy as bat in a belfry that's on fire.

I'm thankful Ms. A is happy and has finally found a reason to accept who she is. I'm thankful we're still friends.

I'm grateful for all the times our families have helped us in the past year. Grateful for all the support they continue to offer and for all the open mindedness.

I'm grateful for being employed and having opportunities. I know that at any time that could end and things could get so much worse.

I'm thankful for the friends I have, online and off. For those readers who visit the site regularly and have to put up with the most random of subjects and the most depressing of expressions. For those fellow artists who've inspired me, who I've borrowed from and who have wanted to work together.

I'm thankful I don't take a bucketful of meds to keep me sane and healthy. Even though my joints hurt and I've been trying to lose weight for years, I'm grateful I'm mobile and still able to make a jump shot and kick a ball and run a few yards.

I'm grateful for whatever deity gave me the ability to turn muse into art.

I'm thankful things are changing and people are becoming happier, we all deserve better most of the time and it's good to see karma swinging back to the benevolent and selfless.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: