20.6.07

Cartoon

Hey LIA readers! I thought I'd run something past you.

I'm seriously planning on doing a cartoon for the site. Something I could do semi-regularly, like once or twice a week. I'm a bit stumped for material, so I'll tell you what I think I'd be good and working with each week and you tell me what you think.

In no particular order:


  • Parenting - It's not glamorous, but I have two kids and they provide a lot of material.

  • Art - I am an artist, if you haven't noticed. I figure there would be a lot of industry humor that could be exploited.

  • Computers - I do work as a Network Admin, though the title is somewhat ambiguous as I don't administer the network so much as the machines on it. I know some things about computers, but I'm no Alpha Geek.

  • Politics - I'm interested in world events, one of my favorite shows is The World from PRI, but I admit I'm no Aaron Sorkin.

  • Comic Books - Again, I know enough of this area to say I don't know enough to be considered prolific. But, I don't know a lot of comic book centered strips.

  • All of the above, general life - All things considered, I think a strip centered on a few people doing all these things might be the best. Eventually the characters could interact more and I wouldn't have to worry about industry specific ideas.



So, what do you think? Any other ideas? Remember, anything mentioning robots, hoboes, pirates or odd super heroes is automatically given a gold star.

Also, I'm going to be designing some shirts in the next couple days/weeks centered on playground games we played growing up. They'll be similar to the caution signs with the androgynous stick figures but involving games - tag, hide n seek, duck duck goose, etc. I've got a list of about 20 right now, if you'd like to see one let me know and I'll do my best to include it.

Carry on.

No comments: