18.2.05

Who cares if it was a classic, let's jack with it...

Loonatics.

Please sign my petition.

Here.




News from the home front:

Other than hockey being canceled we've got little to focus on other than Mrs. Austin's knee. Rowan's RUV is something that will just take time to heal, so we have to wait for that. Think of it as ear tubes, kids just have to grow out of it, sometimes it requires a procedure, sometimes not. She's in good spirits, likes school and her friends so I'm not terribly worried. The thought of her getting her kidney's operated on scares the clothes off me but that's down the road if at all.

Mrs. A can't seem to stay immobile. She'll hate me for saying this, but she's as stubborn as a mule. I won't go into details. She's in a lot of pain, she falls a lot and we have to ask for a lot of help from friends and family. It's frustrating for her because she's tired of the pain and it's frustrating for me because there's very little I can do to help.

I don't know, I thought after a week it'd be over with and she'd be starting on her PT, but she's worse off now than when she first hurt it. She's in constant pain and doesn't know how to just sit the fuck down and not do anything. I'm worried she'll really jack up her knee for good or have to go back for more surgery.

She knows I love her and I'm doing all I can, and she's doing the best she can. We were hoping that after the surgery, the mobility might start coming back and the pain would lessen. All the nurses told us wonderful stories about people jumping out of beds and playing basketball in 6 months. No one mentioned that the first couple weeks is like living with a skinless, cancer ridden quadrapalegic.

Well, we'll keep you all posted. Go sign the petition, it'll make you feel better.

No comments: