9.7.03

Whew! The parents are gone!! Don't get me wrong, I love having guests, especially when it's my family, but two weeks in a row of not being able to walk around naked...

*ahem* So the comic book message board I go to on a daily basis has seen fit to nominate me as a moderator for one of their forums. It's a big deal for me actually because I've been visiting this board specifically for over 2 years and the old Wizard boards before that, so it's been a while. I'm truly honored and I hope to do a good job. It's an interesting turn of events, though. I mean, it's not like I finally obtained my degree in Art or got a raise or sold my first comic or won the lottery, but I'm so excited about it I'm bursting to tell someone. Trouble is, it doesn't sound that great to just the average Joe. Mrs. Austin was pretty jazzed about it, she knows how much time I spend there and how much the place has influenced me and my actions in the comic world. I consider it my second home, the people my extended family. I guess in terms that are more relative, it would be like being nominated to City Council or head of the PTA. It's not the presidency, but it's a small taste of power. "And with great power comes great responsibility."

Mrs. Austin is thinking of going back to school. Thinking, hell, she's registered. Classes start Aug 21st. We're of course worried about finances, but it's a chance to finish her degree so I'm all for it. Things will work out. It's a good change after 3 years of pumpin' PCs and dealing with managereal paperwork and I hope she makes the best of it. Once the convention hoopla is done, it'll be her turn to chase her dream. I'll still be drawing and making sure Lil Miss Austin is being raised in the fine tradition of hockey, Star Wars and Lego. Sure we might have to cancel the cable and DSL and sell a car if financial aid is not available, but those are small things compared to knowledge. I'm excited for her. She's excited to go. LMA is excited to see Spongebob, so it all works out.

No comments: